MSU Bookstore is Proud to Offer:
- The Largest Selection of MSU Bobcats Fan Gear (available both online and in the store)
- Montana's best Art Department
- A large selection of "try before you buy" pens, pencils highlighters and a great selection of school supplies.
- A wide variety of technology products including Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Microsoft, Adobe and more!
- Textbook Rentals, Used Textbooks, New Textbooks, Ebooks and Buyback
- MSU Bookstore has the LOWEST PRICES ON TEXTBOOKS OF ANY COLLEGE BOOKSTORE IN THE COUNTRY!!
- 10% off General Books Everyday and 25% off Bestsellers Everyday
- While in the store, be sure to check out our Boutique and Gift department! We have a great selection of Montana made products and unique gift items.
The MSU Bookstore Inc. is dedicated to supporting the goals of the University by satisfying customer needs with the best possible service, products and prices in a customer-friendly environment.
The MSU Bookstore, Inc. is a resource providing a comprehensive and diverse offering of goods, services, information, and advice to the University Community. These resources directly and indirectly support and enhance academic course work and life within the University Community. These services will be self-sustaining, sensitive, and responsive to the community and will emphasize quality and value. The Bookstore will serve as a public focal point and enhance the image of the University's and the industry's highest standards, commitment to learning and to service.
The MSU Bookstore had its beginnings in 1931 as a single clerk-serve counter in the office of the university registrar. It was later moved to a small room in the foyer of the Romney Gymnasium, and finally, in the early 1940's, to the basement of the Strand Student Union. Over the years, the Bookstore space has expanded, and now the store occupies 30,000 square feet and maintains a staff of about 85 full-time, part-time and student employees. From a beginning of selling only a few required text books, we have evolved into a small department store, featuring not only required and recommended course materials, but also insignia clothing and gifts, health and beauty aids, school and art supplies, snack foods and candy, computers and accessories, and a large selection of general interest books.
The store is independent of the university, owned by the faculty and students of the MSU, and is governed by an elected board of directors that includes both faculty and students. Its excess revenues are rebated back to its ownership in the form of discounts on text and trade books, making MSU Bookstore the leader in lower-cost textbooks in the United States.
On campus, we serve over 5700 members of the faculty and staff and over 14,000 students. The National Association of College Stores, having a membership of 3000, ranks the MSU Bookstore as the 69th largest in sales volume in the country.