What we buy and how much we pay:
During finals week of each semester, we pay you 50% of the book’s MSU Bookstore new book price if:
• The professor has ordered the book for the next semester.
• MSU Bookstore still needs your copy of the book to meet its quota.
• Thereafter, we pay the wholesale price as discussed below.
What happens if we don’t need your book for use at MSU:
• The Bookstore will buy your book to sell to a wholesaler if there is national demand.
• Generally, the wholesaler will pay approximately 30% of the book’s MSU Bookstore new price. That amount varies depending on supply, demand, edition, etc.
• We may not purchase your book if it is too written in, ragged, water damaged, etc.
When is Buyback?
• SEMESTER START: We pay wholesale prices the entire first week of each semester.
• FRIDAYS: We pay wholesale prices for books most Fridays of the year.
• FINALS: Your best value is to sell your books during finals week when our needs are at their peak and when we pay 50% for re-adopted titles.